Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Messagerie Spring/Summer 2008

(Click image to enlarge)

I always loved Messagerie. It's like Diesel, but not overrated and more thought out in presentation and design. If you know me, you know I like the layered but clean look.

That jumpsuit on the other hand. If I was a gay(or "post-metrosexual") car technician, I would totally be over it. Something about wearing a jumpsuit in public no longer appeals to me after that J-Lo era. Some people are trying to bring it back but...I don't know. I remember seeing it at Sears in 2005 and I turned to my friend and said overalls and jumpsuit are sadly going to be making a comeback in the next 5 years. She thought I was joking, but I'm getting the last laugh now, but in a sad way. Some trends predictions you kind of hope you're wrong on. YA KNOW?

I digress. I wonder what Messagerie's photographer told Douglas Reich to accentuate when he was in the overall. Did the photographer said ,"GIVE ME CAR TECHNICIAN!" and Douglas Reich, the model by the way, decided to pose like that. Whatever it may be, it makes me want to quit business school and become a car technician-just so I could look that fabulous.

Source: Messagerie.com

No comments: