Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Christian Lacroix Couture=Valentino+Nina Ricci


Perhaps Christian Lacroix is paying homage to his retiring comrade. Valentino Couture show is set for today and everyone and their mistress is waiting for it. It's his last one. But I digress. I love this beautiful red dress from Lacroix Couture Spring 2008. I love that it closes in at the leg instead of trailing behind or touching the ground. It gives it an ethereal appeal. I said Valentino because there's that sensuality to it along with that Valentino red. And I said Nina Ricci because of the structured draping and ruffles like what Olivier Theyskens (Nina Ricci's current designer) did for Fall 2007. The structure of the dress also reference Galliano's dark romanticism of his Fall 2007 collection. I guess this dress could represent a mutated, but beautiful child of a threesome.

See rest of collection: Christian Lacroix Couture SPring 2008

No comments: