Friday, December 7, 2007

Duckie, it's Chanel Pre-Fall 2008



*I love the last three look of the set above. The gold looks amazing on the tan cream. I would look Karl to make that into a dress for fall. I like the dress because it's not fitting and there's that looseness to it; however, it still accentuates the cinch of the waist because of its up and bottom curve from that main middle black piece. I also love the neckline. The last piece and its subtle white geometric patters on the shoulders, neck and pockets are cute. It reminds of me of Dior Homme and what Hedi Slimane did with the men's t-shirt. There's a modern feel to it, especially with the subtle poof of the shoulder sleeves. I can't get over the cat eyes. The eyes and the hair screams Amy Winehouse.

[Photo credit: Style.com]

*The last five looks are so young. The second one in, the jewelry looks like a skull. And over the past few seasons Alexander McQueen brought the skull and crossbone back with his scarfs. But I love how Karl's interpretation of it uses pearls. That first piece and the slouch by the base of the stomach. I don't understand that but I love the color and the base. Gold and metallics are definately in. The second to last look, the shirt that Freja Beha is wearing reminds me of Pilati's YSL top for Spring 2008, except less chunky pieces. These pieces are definitely going to be seen on red-carpet events and parties in the next week months.

Collection: Chanel Pre-fall 2008

3 comments:

Unknown said...

you're literally killing me with this deluge of karl lagerfeld. need.to.breathe.

Goncho said...

gorgeous dresses

Anonymous said...

PURPLE! ♥

I admire the dresses. ;]