Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Year Resolution

So this Christmas I spend...well more than I should have (on myself). And frankly, I'll probably be eating Ramen for the next week months. But that's fine because well...I'll look fine. And that's the most important thing to me.

But with the New Years come new resolutions and new season obsessions, which I'll tell you what it is in the next blog.

My friend's new year resolution was to "not be ugly," which I love because she has changed so much since I've first met her, and all for the best. She's not ugly (at all), but what she meant by that is to make an effort to look good. I don't think looking good can be effortless. There has to be SOME effort to look put together. I think the only person that can wake up and look fabulous without trying is me, just kidding! The only people that can do that are people with stylists. If you don't put effort into your style, you'll turn up looking like Paris Hilton. It's clear she doesn't have a stylist. The multiple times she's out in black sweats among other wardrobe choices accentuates a lack of effort. Lindsay Lohan, on the other hand, clearly has a stylist. But recently it seems as though her stylist has been busy so she sent Lindsay a year's worth of black tights.

I digress. I'm a firm believer that if you look good, you'll feel good and vice versa. But since it's harder to change how you feel first, if you're gloomy, take a little extra time to look good by dressing up (doesn't have to be a lot). I'll bet my passion for fashion that you'll feel better because you've done so. A prime example would be would you feel more confident in a pair of Payless shoes or a pair of Louboutin? You'll feel confident, I'm sure, in a good pair of Payless shoes, but in a Louboutin, you'll stomp and pierce whatever or whomever is in your way. $400+ worth of confidence will get you places. Even if you feel horrible and just want to go out in sweats, wear sweats but wear it wisely. Roll up your sweatpants above or same height as your ankle, put on a pair of Blahniks, a fitted sweatshirt and a matching Balenciaga bag and you'll feel way different than just walking out in sweats alone. Even if you don't have a pair of Blahniks or a Balenciaga bag, I'm sure there's some accessories that you can pair off that will give that "I may be under the weather but I still mean business" attitude.

There's just so much one can do with the daily wardrobe. With that in mind, my new year resolution is to give advice daily on how to get more out of your wardrobe, what to look for when you shop, easy aerobic exercise tips that will help you loose fat in the right places, how to position yourself to be more camera friendly, etc.

Looking and feeling confident may not be effortless, but I'll try my best to help you feel more confident and conscious with your choices.

Here's to a new year!

2 comments:

Richard Patterson said...

Haha. What a nice, empowering post.

I got the most out of my new Versace sparkly red pants yesterday for the sake of New Years. $18 was all I needed for a boost of confidence.

Unknown said...

<3

i feel like your post was a mastercard commercial. effortlessly looking good? priceless.